– Students obtaining level 3 or higher in grade 8
– Emphasize theory and abstract problem-solving.
– Multi-step thinking skills required
– Student-centered/requires students to have independent learning skills.
– Faster pace of learning.
– Lead to university preparation courses in grades 11 and 12.
– Students achieving level 1 – 2 in grade 8
– Focus on practical applications and use concrete examples.
– The teacher directs the learning
– More hands-on work.
– Learn through a more gradual step by step approach.
– Allows for a slower pace of learning.
– Lead to College preparation courses in grades 11 and 12.
– Courses are designed to focus on core knowledge and skills to meet individual student needs who may not be working at current grade 8 level expectations.
– An enrichment program that extends beyond the Ontario Curriculum for highly able learners looking to be challenged.
– Courses are offered in grades 9-11 in Math, Science, English, and French
– Covers the academic curriculum at a faster pace to allow time to explore some concepts in more detail.