- Advanced Placement (AP) is an internationally recognized program that allows students to enrich the Ontario Curriculum with the goal of achieving university accreditation while enrolled at Resurrection CSS.
- Our AP-Prep courses are offered in grades 9 – 12.
- AP courses are offered at the grade 12 level. They are audited by the AP College Board and include writing AP exams in May.
How Do Students Benefit?
- Grouping highly able learners creates an environment where students can challenge each other and thrive.
- Students will gain a wealth of experience and critical thinking skills that will benefit them all of their lives.
- University credits may be awarded to students that perform well on their Grade 12 AP exams.
What Do the AP-Prep courses provide?
- Topics and material studied in greater depth
- Enriched learning opportunities
- Thought-provoking discussion
- Interaction with other motivated learners
The focus is not to create more work, but a different kind of work that challenges a student’s higher order thinking skills.
Who Should Consider AP-Prep?
- Highly able learners looking to be challenged
- Students with a passion for learning
- Self-motivated learners with strong communication and analytical skills.
Grades are only one of the many factors that help determine a student’s suitability for AP.