Supervised Alternative Learning is an option for students who, for a variety of reasons are not meeting with success within the regular school program.
A SAL placement might include one or more of the following:
- Full time or part time paid employment at an approved place of work;
- Volunteer placement at an approved organization;
- Part time employment with a part time volunteer placement;
- Part time employment with part time school;
- Other activities suited to the student’s needs;
- Completion of a life-skills program.
For more information on SAL, please contact your child’s school Guidance Counsellor who will work closely with the School Attendance Counsellor in order to determine if this is a viable option.