The uniform is a sign of belonging to this school community and sets a standard of
“pride and dignity for all.”
On this page…Daily Uniform, Spirit Wear Days, Dress-Down Days
Students attending RCSS are expected to wear the school uniform during the entire school day and are expected to abide by the established uniform regulations. Uniform items are purchased from R.J. McCarthy exclusively and shall not be altered.
Students will be in Proper Resurrection Uniform as Determined by RCSS Staff on School Property and School Excursions or Related Functions
Administration tracks uniform infractions and upon the third offence a suspension will result. Any subsequent infraction will result in on-going progressive discipline measures
Uniform Dress Code Items for all Students at Resurrection
–> All students should be wearing uniform pieces with the newer “R” logo only.
- McCarthy’s white/red short or long sleeve golf shirt with the Resurrection emblem
- McCarthy’s black knit, 5 button sweater
- McCarthy’s black pants, capris or shorts with Resurrection emblem McCarthy’s black zippered polar fleece with Resurrection emblem, worn over a uniform shirt
- McCarthy’s black v-neck pullover sweater worn over a uniform shirt
- McCarthy’s black zippered sweatshirt worn over a uniform shirt
- Only plain, white, grey and black T-shirts may be worn under the uniform shirts
1) Uniforms need to be clean and in good condition.
2) Uniform items are not to be tight, tapered or altered.
3) Pants, capris, and shorts are to be worn around the waist. Pants, capris and shorts are not to be slit at the bottom or rolled up; the Resurrection emblem must be visible at ALL times.
4) All athletic wear is to be left in student’s locker and is not to be worn in the school at any time.
5) For safety reasons, NO OPEN TOED OR HEELED FOOTWEAR may be worn in Art, Science, or Tech areas.
6) Uniforms are to be worn on all school excursions or trips unless permission is granted by the principal.
7) No accessories are to be added to the uniform.
8) Coats, jackets, vests, hoodies, sweaters and sweatshirts will not be worn in the school during school hours. Sweaters, jackets and shirts are not to be worn tied or hung around the waist or shoulders.
9) For the safety of identifying all individuals in the school building, Hats will NOT be worn in the school at any time. Hats are to be left in lockers during the school day. This includes alternate dress days.
10) Doo-rags and bandanas will not be worn while in the school or at any school related activity.
11) All undershirts must be plain white, gray or black and tucked in.
Not sure if you are in uniform?
The Showcase in the Forum
Your Teacher or Administrator
SPIRIT WEAR DAYS
These occur every Wednesday. Spirit wear is defined as Resurrection approved club, team or event shirts ONLY. Spirit wear shirts must be worn with regular uniform pants, capris, or shorts.
This policy has been developed to create greater community awareness of co-curricular activities offered at Resurrection. Students appreciate the opportunity to show their involvement by way of spirit wear.
Code of Dress for Alternate Dress Days (Civies Days) and Other School Events
Students must wear appropriate and presentable clothing and footwear for these alternate dress school days.
Attire that is NOT appropriate as determined by staff will refer the students to their administrator, who will then send them home.
- This clothing should be neat, tidy and in good taste, making for a positive learning environment.
- No undergarments or midriffs should be visible.
- No “short” shorts are allowed.
- Students will be asked to remove or cover shirts with slogans or images inappropriate for a Catholic school learning environment.