Our Catholic Community
RESURRECTION MISSION STATEMENT
LEARNING to meet the challenges of the future
GROWING in our Catholic faith and
BUILDING a better community.
At RCSS, we are not only a community committed to learning excellence but one that helps cultivate the holistic formation of all individuals who will be living witnesses to their faith. We support all our students in their subject areas not only by presenting knowledge and skills to be attained, but also truths and values to be discovered.
Waterloo Catholic District School Board Mission Statement
As Disciples of Christ, we educate and nurture hope in all learner to realize their full potential to transform God’s world.
The vision of the WCDSB is, Our Catholic Schools…Heart of the community ~ success for each and a place for all
To ensure the realization of our vision, Resurrection will take all reasonable steps to accommodate an individual’s desire to honour their religious beliefs and practices. Such areas of accommodation may include recognized religious holidays, religious dress, and dietary or fasting requirements. The procedure for requesting an accommodation is as follows:
- A written or verbal request for accommodation from the parent/guardian or student (in cases where the student is over 18) should be presented to the principal or vice-principal at, or as close as possible to, the beginning of the school year
- The request for accommodation should describe the specific needs of the student
- The principal or vice-principal will consider and confirm the accommodation with the parent/guardian, the student, and appropriate staff (i.e. attendance office, teachers, etc.)
Chaplaincy is one of the features that make us unique as a Catholic school. The Chaplain, representing the Catholic Church in its mission to evangelize staff and students, promotes Catholic-Christian values within the school. Chaplaincy provides the following services:
- Pastoral Counseling
- Peer Ministry/Bereavement Support/Crisis Intervention
- Social Justice and Charity Initiatives/Weekly Mission Collections
- Classroom visits and guest speakers
- Resources on spiritual, ethical and pastoral issues
- Staff faith development
The Chapel of the Resurrection is located on the second floor of our school. The Blessed Sacrament is reserved in the Tabernacle. Students and staff are invited to visit this sacred space to pray or reflect at any time during the school day. The Chapel features various stained glass windows created by both students and staff from our school community.